Ramblings of a Soccer Junky
Saturday, December 16, 2006
  Tractor connection in the Beckham saga
Anyone who has read my blog for a while knows my first love in pro soccer was when I visited Portman Road for the first time. I've been a loyal fan ever since. LA became my second love only because I was forced to move so far from my first love. It's a tragic love triangle. Add to it the fact that Ipswich's biggest rival (Naaarch {spit}) wear the same colors as LA. Also, LA's biggest rivals (SJ...though they don't exist anymore) wear the same colors as Ipswich. Well, you can see why I'm as confused as I am. I'm not sure why I posted all that...must be the coffee.

Anyway enough rambling. What I think I was getting to is that two Canadian former Ipswich players are still good friends who keep in contact and obviously share information. One happens to be the Manager for LA Galaxy the other is....actually, I'm not sure what Craig Forrest is doing these days. However, the other night he was on some soccer themed radio show in Toronto (that's in Canada for the SJ fans) and mentioned according to his former teammate a move for Beckham is getting closer. Thanks to the Toronto MLS Blog for information.

Ok, I haven't had the chance to listen to the audio--but I will sometime today--so I don't know precisely what was said. However, this is certainly conformation (at least in my opinion) of what we already know.

Labels: , , ,

 
Comments:
speaking of Portman Road, that street has been in the press lately. Apparently that is where the Suffolk working girls conduct their business. is that part of the commercial side of the club?
 
yeah, behind the stadium is a road that only sees traffic on match days when coaches park along it. I guess in the evenings a different type of parking takes place there.
 
Then there's the latest news that Posh is going to be in Tom Cruise's self-financed paen to Scientology playing the bride of an immortal alien.

Okay, Mel Gibson suddendly sounds a whole lot saner.

Kelly
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
An American who fell in love with soccer while living in Europe.

Name:
Location: Hoosierville, IN, United States
Archives
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]