Ramblings of a Soccer Junky
Monday, June 13, 2005
  My boring weekend
Well, this weekend wasn’t the best for watching footie in this country. Ok, so I caught bits of the Holland vs Japan U-20 game on Friday night. It was a good way to start the weekend. It was a wide-open end-to-end game that finished 2-1 to the home team.

Saturday morning I got to see the US kids take on the Argie youth as well. Great game and the American youngsters won. It was good to see Adu, Spector, Barrett and Gaven playing at this level. Adu didn't have a great game but I love watching him take on defenders at full speed. The guy who really caught my eye was Marvell Wynne. I thought he looked solid and I'm sure we'll be seeing him with an MLS team soon.

Too bad that was the highlight of my viewing this weekend. My month-old son and I settled down to watch Columbus vs Colorado...but wisely, he fell asleep as soon as it started...only a month old and he already knows boring footie when he sees it....ok, maybe it was a coincidence. I ended up doing chores while the match was on.

The LA-Real game was a bit better...but not much. At least LA can create chances. Too bad LA has to rely on Donovan to do everything. Is it me...or is Kirovski a striker than can't shoot? I maybe wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only goals he's scored this season have come from direct free kicks. It would be nice if he could hit a moving ball and get it on target once in a while.

With half the MLS matches being played on Sunday this week, why did FSC bother to produce an MLS Wrap? Wouldn't it have been more worthwhile to do it Sunday evening this week?

Looks like Chivas managed to steal a point at home. It's amusing that both goals in that match against San Jose were scored by LA Rejects. What's the record for worst record in an MLS season? Chivas have to be on pace to hit that one.

Thank God for the Youth Championship matches...otherwise, the weekend would have been worse.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
An American who fell in love with soccer while living in Europe.

Name:
Location: Hoosierville, IN, United States
Archives
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]