Ramblings of a Soccer Junky
Monday, May 30, 2005
  Weekend Round-up
I'm now realizing how difficult it is to be an MLS fan if you don't really make a major effort. I'm used to having the MLS Direct Kick PPV package and being able to watch any match I want. However, without it you are really limited.

There was the US-England game on ESPN. I was actually surprised by how entertaining it was. The US were unlucky to not get a better result...but at least the English are happy and can maintain their arrogant posture when it comes to the sport. Good to see Clint Dempsey get on the scoreboard. I'm hoping it's the first of many in the Red, White and Blue for him.

I suppose this would be a good point to do one of my "I can't believe MLS still plays matches on International dates" but I'll save that for next week.

The DC-Dallas game was the only other match I got to see. Dallas are the real deal...I said they would be a force when they added Fish to their squad...looks like I was right for once. O'Brien, Johnson and Ruiz have really become a force. I'm sure he'll be back in form sooner rather than later. What's with DC? Losing Ryan Nelson can't have set them back that far...can't it?

I was glad to hear LA stuffed Chivas again...looks like Rongren is going to be shown the door finally. Too bad it's not his fault as much as it's Vargara's for thinking he could just put any XI on the pitch and win. Oops. I wonder if Rongren's replacement has any idea what he's walking into?

Ok, so Tuesday evening England play Columbia at the Meadowlands. Too bad that match won't be on TV. Instead, we get we get the Meadowlands nightcap, Metros hosting Chicago on FSC. I guess it could be worse.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
An American who fell in love with soccer while living in Europe.

Name:
Location: Hoosierville, IN, United States
Archives
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]